Tuesday 27 May 2014

I Wish I were made

I wish I were made 
Just of this longing.
For it knows exactly what it wants 
And where to look
It aligns itself so well with God
But the rest of me-mind, emotions
Even my imagination
Seem so mismatched to this yearning
So dull to you dear God
And yet You became man
So there must be some resonance between us
But what changes must be wrought
For me to take my true place 
In Your eternal bride

Sometimes it is tempting to believe
That this bride is just a metaphor for something less
God forbid
If it is a picture it must be of something much greater
Unboundable by any frame
Untraceable by any hand
Unsearchable by any mind
As only the longing of love knows
And we must be transformed by it
                                                      Wilf  08/2006

No comments:

Post a Comment