Tuesday 21 June 2016

Moon Walk

                                                 MOON WALK  
These colours 
Here in this dark shining
I wonder, do they have names?
In the morning sun I knew them well enough,
( I knew you )
But now the light has been to the moon
Something has changed
And as we walk together in its light
I see a change in you too.
Where have you been, does it have a name?
And would I have ears to understand
The dark shining road that has led you?

These colours
Maybe they are more than just dark colours
But my eyes cannot pierce this veil of moon mystery
To see what they signify.

They will change back with the sun's return
But not you,
I don't know how I know:
     The colour of your words?
     The glint of a new history in your eyes?

The path that you have trodden
Lit by a moon reflecting
The mysterious light of a dark sun;
Wherever you have been 
Wherever you go
You will never be the same again
                                                     Wilf June 2016



                 

No comments:

Post a Comment